Virginia's Dazzling Dachshunds
Agreements & Contracts
Austin El Dorado
Lady June-Bug Carter
Sir Lucian Stark
Virginia's Dazzling Grahmsay Bolton
To Choose or Not to choose
A Brief History of Breeding
Interested in one of my puppies I see. Just fill out the form and I will respond shortly.
1. How many people live with you in your home?
2. Are there children? (what age)
3.Who will be the primary caregiver for the puppy?
4. What is your opinion on dog crating?
5. Do you live in a House or an Apartment?
6. Describe the "lifestyle" you live:
7. Where do you stand on Basic obedience ?
8.What is the honest reason you wish to purchase (a) a dog & (b) A dachshund?
9.Realistically how much time do you plan to spend with the dog ? & how much time for training?
10. Do you live in the (City) , (Suburbs), (Country) ?
11. Do you plan to breed this dog or is it for a pet?
12. I have a "Facebook" page for all the buyer. A club if you will ,where we post pictures and comment on how each puppy is or has developed. It also allows me to keep in closer contact with each puppy I produce so I can help the family through all the stages of life. Would you be willing to join this Community ?
13. I make each client sign a contract on the puppies behalf requiring non(breeding/show dogs) to be fixed and to receive a copy of the procedure via email, mail or picture shared for public use on the Dazzling Dachshund Family Page. Are you comfortable with this?
14. What is your ideal "perfect" dog look like ? How does it behave ?
15 . Your last Dachshund was a smooth are you aware of the grooming needs ? ie. combing, bathing, trimming feet, teeth brushing.
16. What are you wanting in terms of color and pattern ?
17. How did you hear of me ?
18. Why are you interested in purchasing a dachshund from me ?
19. Where will the puppy and eventual dog sleep ?
20. What food do you plan to feed your puppy ( I do allow people to buy or send "small" dog food bags of their brand; to be fed only to your puppy. Any left overs will be sent back home with you.)
21. Dogs are a product of their raising but they learn by Repetition. I prefer once the puppies are around 4 weeks old to sleep with something or in a crate supplied by the buyer (or added to price ) so they can transition easier into your home. A dog old or young always needs a den and most people think that the dog will adapt to the "House being a den" but this can actually promote the dogs inner Aggressive behavior. Are you a willing participant ?
22. Feeding Dachshunds 1 time a day can lead to glucose spikes and Behavioral problems through the day. Will you be feeding at a minimum of 2 meals each day ?
23. I have noticed with my own dogs (being longhairs ) That diet plays a big deal in the overall health of the dogs but especially their ears. Foods that contain excess sugars or carbs actually promote the cultivation of yeast in their ears. Because Long hairs have excess hair behind,in and on the ears this can trap heat and moisture in the ear;promoting the environment palette-able to yeast development. Keeping the hair brushed/combed daily is a must. As well as trimming some of the excess hair, you can call groomers around your area to instruct you on how to give a Hygiene cut. You can also find many good videos on Youtube should you wish to go it alone as I did ! :D
Are you okay with feeding a breed specific dog food to ensure optimal ingredient absorption ? and do you have the time to do daily to weekly each checks?
Create a free website
Virginia's Dazzling Dachshunds